Thursday, August 1, 2013

Seven Ways to Win my Heart

Eight Ways to Win my Heart (in no specific order, whatsoever.)

Step 1: Bring me coffee. I don’t care what time of day it is. I don’t care about the creamer or sugar. I don’t care if it’s a starbucks frappacino or 69 cent coffee from the 7/11. If you bring me coffee, I’ll most assuredly, love you for the rest of my life. Nothing could brighten my day more.
Step 2: Be nice. I’m over this whole asshole trend. If you think I look pretty, tell me. If I have nice eyes, tell me. If you want to be with me, be with me. Honestly, it’s exhausting trying to read into what someone thinks about me. I don’t have time or energy to waste on that. It’s taken me 24 years to love myself and I don’t have time to convince someone of the same. So quit it with the games, and just be nice. Tell me if you love me and tell me if you hate me because if you don't tell me anything, I won't waste my time reading into anything anyways.

Step 3: Make me laugh. If you can make me laugh, I'll do anything I can for you, I promise. I'll be your biggest fan. You'll always be at the top of my list, ALWAYS. A sense of humor comes far before good looks and it trails good manners. I think what I love most about the people I work with is how much they make me laugh. Lets face it, I'm miles from home but coming down to 84's watching all of us be goofy is well worth being far away.

Step 4: Be a dog. Be a mutt or a full breed. Be a puppy or be old. Nothing warms my heart more than cradling a dog's head right between both hands and kissing it square on the nose. Our conversations will last forever and I've never found a better cuddle buddy. The ultimate little spoon I've always found to be dogs.

Step 5: Don't be a cat.

Step 6: Be polite. Use your manners. If I go on a first date, and you do not tip the waitress, I will judge you. (This doesn't apply in Japan.) I know that I am fully capable of opening the door myself but I am a firm believer in gentlemanly approaches. Be my knight in shining armor. Don't let me walk too close to the road. Switch sides with me when I'm too close to oncoming traffic. Save me and my girl when were drunk and creepers are hitting on us. Give me a piggy back ride if my feet hurt. There's nothing better than resting a head on a man's shoulder or bicep. I cannot get over the feeling of that.

Step 7: Appreciate what I love. I'm animated, and silly, and at times, ridiculous. I'm hard to keep up with, and throw Pyne into the pot and things truly get real. You don't have to love what I love but you should at least appreciate how and why I love the things I love. Example: I love reading. I'm not saying you have to, but you should be interestested that I am interested in reading. Don't make fun of me if I get excited over an avacado. Be happy for me. Revel in my excitement with me!





No comments:

Post a Comment