Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Definition of Happy

What is your happy?




Happiness is a cup of coffee. No...happiness is coffee bought out, at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks, that is always a splurge for me.


It's my dogs hearing the ice machine and running as fast as possible, hoping I will give them a piece.

To Zach, it is a tiny bud on one of his plants. Its growth.

It's seeing results after the gym. It's Zach telling me my arms are so strong.

Happiness to Toby, is mastering "roll over. " I've never seen a dog so proud of himself before.

Happiness to me is saying no.

It isn't comparing myself to others.

It isn't wanting what I can't have.

It's being grateful for what I've got.

Happiness is cheese in one hand and wine in the other.

It's waking up and getting those eyeliner swoops right for the first time.

It's confidence in being studious.

It's confidence in being capable.

It's a pitcher of beer shared.

Or sitting on the beach with a cooler of beer and nothing but time. (and sunscreen!)

It's volunteering your time to others.

It's buying local!

It's falling in love with a new hobby.


Or pulling a pie out of the oven perfectly baked.


And eating exotic foods.


It's finding out that your friend's are pregnant on Facebook. So overjoyed for them, but completely happy where you are in your life and relationship too.

It's kissing your sleepy dog on the nose. Telling them you love them out loud, even if you are the only one home.



No comments:

Post a Comment