Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hey, it's ok...


Eghh, so I didn't do the best last week about keeping my blog up. It's so hard to get to a computer sometimes especially when all I wanna do when I get off work is curl up on a bean bag chair. You guys must forgive me when we go on deployment. There will be very few blog updates. I promise to keep writing in my journal daily so I'll post stories after we get back/

Anyways, I don't really feel like writing too much today. It's cold, wet and rainy outside. I see a cheeseburger in my near future so I'm gonna make this quick because I hear the french fries calling me.

One of my dear friends in college and also my big sister in Phi Mu posted a "Hey, it's OK" blog and I think its a super cute idea. So, 1, 2, 3 here we go.


Hey, it's OK...

If I'm 10,000 miles away from home and still call Mom with questions about laundry, cooking, and basically anything I don't know the answer to.

If I get super excited about using power tools at work. I know, I know I'm in the Navy but don't crush my dreams even though you think grinding and hammering sucks. I may go home with blisters but don't kill my excitement.

If a good night for me is bottomless coffee and Top Gun at the USO.

If I'd rather wear sweats and a hoodie everywhere and my idea of dressing up is adding cowboy boots to jeans or a cute top with my green chucks.

If I took a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.
and it's OK that I'm still not quite sure where its headed.

If I am not married, pregnant, engaged or anywhere close to settling down.

If I cry every afternoon during the Ellen DeGeneres's show, and look forward to it.

If I eat 4 plus pieces of chocolate on the way to the gym. I mean, I am going to the gym, right?

If forgetting my headphones is a natural disaster in my book.

If I assume that dinner isn't over until we get dessert.

If I eat 3 times slower than all my other friends because I cannot seem to comprehend how chopsticks are suppose to work.

If I'm not interested in anyone who doesn't like country music.



Listen, Eric Church, Springsteen. Enjoy.


DG

No comments:

Post a Comment