Thursday, May 2, 2013

What if

"Get the fuck up,"

I gained the composure to slowly wake myself from the night terror that had continued to haunt me for months. Every night at 03:03am, I woke myself up in a sweat, feeling panicky, like I had forgotten something, but I could never remember what it was I forgot. I got out of bed and tip toed slowly to the bathroom, being careful not to wake up the roommate, Alicia. My toes bent as they grazed the wooden floor boards creaking in rhythm to my steps. My body ached. I cracked my knuckles and threw my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head. The headband had fallen out in the middle of the night, so I readjusted it to the top of my head. The floor was trashed with clothes scattered from the night before. God knows why my leg hurt. As I looked in the mirror my eyes looked gaunt and dark. What the hell happened last night?

"Oh my gosh I'm soooo thirsty. Drink the entire nalgene. You wanted to dehydrate me last night."

I'm loosing it. I heard whispers circling my head. What is wrong with me? It echoed as I unbuttoned my pants. If that's not weird, I don't know what is. Who was in the room with me? Alicia was still sleeping.

"Fuck. I hope you're ready for this."

All of a sudden I felt it. I felt that warm putrid feeling in the back of my throat. The stomach acid tasted sweet as it rose higher and higher. The bitterness filled my mouth and I grabbed the rim of the toilet, as the forceful expulsion of last nights activities came out. Ugh, I'm still drunk. As I finished expelling the leftover alcohol from last night, I made out what the voice was saying.

"You wanted to drink.You knew it was too much. You knew it would hurt me in the morning. You have absolutely no respect."

I wiped my mouth, grabbed a dollop of toothpaste and applied it to my toothbrush. Are you serious? So my stomach talks to me now...It has its own voice. You have got to be kidding me?

______________________________________________________________________________

What if your stomach talked to you after a night of drinking? What if it talked to you after a feast of taco bell? Just thinking some crazy thoughts, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment