Friday, February 13, 2015

Rant. Lists. Blah day.

I'm getting old. Like 26, really? My car insurance is cheaper. I'm getting married. I'm paying bills. Where did the time go? It was just yesterday that I was throwing things at my brother's head, learning how to drive, how to kiss and how to survive off of $40.00 a week in college. Just in case you're wondering, the breakdown of$40.00 is as follows: $15.00 on a case of beer, $5.00 on laundry, $7.00 on El PAC Mexican cantina (free chips and salsa + a TEXAS margarita) and the remainder for taco bell and gas to carry me into the next week. God wasn't life good then?

Anyways, I hope with age I become wiser. I'm in a bit of a quarter life crisis. I'm 26 and getting out of the navy next year. I want to teach but I feel like I have all these hoops to jump through to do that. Like, why couldn't I have just known what I wanted to do while I was in college. Well, the navy can pay for me to go back to school now. I've had it with student loans. And Zach's orders? Trying to match everything. Ugh. I don't even have appropriate words for how I feel about that situation right now.

I am always second guessing myself at work. I lack confidence when I should be perfectly confident. I get weird in large groups. Like super awkward! I over think the things that I say or the jokes that I tell. I suck at making friends, and yet, I am a social butterfly. I don't keep in touch through Facebook. I hate Facebook. I would delete it if Zach wasn't still in Japan.

This is a just a brainstorm of things. When I am feeling down or inadequate, I just need to NOT do that. I am awesome, and here's why. And here's how I should keep being awesome. And here's how you should too.  BLAHH........ happy Friday!!!

1.) At 2 years old, you didn't know what you wanted to do. At 10 years old, you thought you did. At 21, you had an idea. (turns out you were wrong)! And now, it all changed. At 45, it'll change again. The point is: You'll never have the answers, no matter how old you are. No one does, they just act like it. You were taught how to be good, just keep being kind and you'll be fine.

2.) Quit worrying about where everyone else is in their lives. So they're married? So they have kids? Have they seen Australia? No. There's a reason, you are where you are. You are engaged to the love of your life. So wedding planning may be delayed due to deployments. It's okay. You are blessed beyond belief with that one. Just hold on tight and it will all be alright.

3.) I don't know where you've put your patience, but you've lost it. Go find it...like right now. No one wants to hear you run your mouth complaining, so just stop. Stop with the whining, and wait in line. Stop, because you whining isn't going to make the room any cooler. Just stop, chill out and keep your mouth shut. This one will carry you far in life.

4.) Keep reading. In a world of ignorant individuals, just keep reading. there's a time for fashion magazines, and a time for old books, a time for kindles and a time for blogs, just make time for all of your writings. Whether it be typed blogs or napkins, or dog eared pages in a journal, or letters to family and friends, never stop reading or writing all of these things. Years from now, all those words will be worth more than gold to you.

5.) If you don't know the answer to something, listen to country music. Even if it doesn't answer your question, I guarantee, you'll feel better after 'takin' a back road,' or 'walking down the streets of Bakersfield.' There will always be a cheer or a toast to the nights you don't remember and there will always be time for '5 o clock somewhere.'

6.)  You have so many people behind you. Be there for them too. Whether its a cup of coffee in the morning or a hug, make time for everyone that makes time for you. Your friends are the key to many doors that will be opened for you. Remember to always be appreciative of this, and unlock doors for others as well. It's the way for the circle to continue on.

7.) Your, you're, their, they're...for the love of God don't fuck this rule away.

8.) Stop letting others determine how you feel about yourself. Are they living and walking in your shoes everyday? No. I don't care if its family, friends or complete strangers, if they don't like something that you absolutely love, just let it go. You belong in this world to love what you love, not love what is popular.

9.) Have confidence. For some unknown reason, I let others make me feel inadequate at times. Why? That is definitely not the case. Everyone is special. Everyone is unique, and if you think you are the smartest person to ever walk in the room, you might as well just leave the room. Others will always know something more than you, just as you will know more than someone else. If we can't learn from one another what's the point?

10.) Know when to give up and just have a glass of wine.... or two.....or the bottle! It could be 10am, or it could be 2am, but there is no better a time to have a glass of wine than when you think you should.

11.) You're cool because you're yourself. You're desperate when you try to act like someone else.

12.) For the love of god, don't ask if its appropriate to double dip. Honestly if you're sharing chips with someone who cares about that kind of stuff, you should just eat their chips until they feel left out and leave. Double dipping!! For real.... and I want ketchup on each bite of fry. Judge me if you want but I don't give a shit.

13.) When you go to a fancy restaurant and order a bottle of wine, the waiter will proceed to fill your cup up halfway. I know, I know…it makes zero sense… When I order a whole bottle of wine, I intend to drink the whole bottle of wine. Just wait until the waiter leaves and fill that cup up sister!!

14.) In the reality of today when rap is popular, yet you can't understand why…just nod your head and turn on old beach classics…if that's what you want.

15.) Understand that the SAT is on a 2400 scale now. Everyone you work with is younger than you, and sometimes (all times) you will feel way to mature to even join the conversation. That's okay. It doesn't mean you are better than them, it just means you need to allow them to make their own mistakes rather than send criticism their way.

16.) You don't have to like the people you work with. You just have to complete the day.

17.) You don't need more friends. If you want to sit on your couch this weekend and netflix, you shouldn't have to feel guilty about it. You don't need to explain yourself. You are blessed with the friends that you have and they are wonderful. So what if you don't keep in touch with whoever, its your choice. And if you don't have seven freaking bridesmaids at your wedding, you know what that means...a cheaper fucking wedding.

18.) And curse less. You sound like a fucking sailor. Oh wait....

Love Danielle.













No comments:

Post a Comment