Sunday, April 22, 2012

5th Avenue to the Bronx

Ughh...You'll never guess what just happened? My blog, deleted itself. I graduated college, this should not be happening to me. I. AM. SO. MAD. I had about 3/4's of the blog finished, and while trying to copy a picture in, it deleted itself. UGHH!!!!!! The words flashed before my eyes, and then, sure enough a blank page. I had even saved it, like a good student. Thank God, I don't have a deadline. But really? REALLY? This is ridiculous. I haven't worked out yet. I cant handle this stress.

Next week, I'm moving into the Bronx, right now I'm on 5th Avenue. The new berthing I am moving into is sub par to the current one I am in. Right now, I am on the O3 level with 18 racks living with very pleasant MC's (the sailors that take pictures for the navy). I'll be on 3rd deck with 50 or 60 other AO's. Don't get me wrong, I love the girls I work with, but now I have to live with them too? I've posted a picture to the left, for those of you who need a better understanding of the deck levels of an aircraft carrier. The good thing? I'll be closer to my berthing when I have to use the head. And...less ladder wells to go up and down throughout the day. Last week, I chose racks for Thomas and I in this new berthing. Me, being the good friend that I am, let Thomas have the top rack and I sacrificed getting the bottom rack to be closer to her. Friends, are what's gonna help me make it through this deployment, anyways. It doesn't matter where you are, just who is around you to make you smile. If Thomas is around, I'm bound to smile. Together, we do and say some ridiculous things.

Today, I went to the Nex to buy supplies. You'd have thought we were in the midst of a zombie Apocalypse I bought so many items. Never in my life have I bought twelve pairs of underwear, twelve pairs of socks, three bottles of body wash, two tubes of toothpaste, etc, etc...the list goes on. I thought I'd be one armed for this deployment, my basket was so heavy while shopping.

I'm feeling very anxious about the upcoming events. You know when you are packing for a trip and worried you will forget something? Well, that's how I feel currently. If you're anything like my mom, when packing for a trip, you'll have everything laid out on your bed (three days early), lists, a check off sheet, and plan B if something goes wrong. If you are like me, you'll just throw some things in a bag, (the morning of) and figure out the rest when you get there. Here's hoping some of my mom rubs off on me for this deployment. I know friends, and family will send me things of I forget something, but I still feel a bit apprehensive about it all.
Coffin Locker (jarw03) Tags: ocean sea aviation military navy locker rack usn

I went down to the new berthing today, armed with a sponge and some cleaner. Who would have guessed I would need close to the entire bottle of Tilex? I found old coins, dirt, chewed gum and hair. Ewww, the hair! After about thirty minutes of elbow deep scrubbing, I was semi satisfied with the condition of my coffin locker. To the right, you'll see what a coffin locker looks like. This is approximately how much space I have for all of my clothes. I also have two 1/2 size stand up lockers. And the one to the right is also a bottom rack, i.e. my home. Like, I said, the only thing that makes this better is, I'll be near Thomas. Esmeralda, is in the same berthing as me but is much farther away.

We are suppose to be fully moved in by sometime next week. I don't have time to sit down and wonder how deployment will be, so for now I'm just cruisin' on having a great time on land while I can! Here's hoping this post was delightful and informative.

Happy Sunday.


 DG


No comments:

Post a Comment