Thursday, April 26, 2012

GA Bible Challenge (Part 2)



Hello once again. This is part 2 of my GA bible verse challenge. I hope that those who are participating are enjoying the challenge. And challenge it is, I might add!! With my busy schedule, I'll be honest and tell you that I don't always give the gospel as much time as I should. With the Ga's memorizing these verses (at least I hope they are because I am working my butt off trying to learn these), it forces me to take a look as well.



Anyways, I tried to broaden the categories of types of verses this time. Lets think of these verses as tattoos on our heart that should never disappear because the Holy Spirit is helping us memorize! We will need them during times of pressure, or stress, during Sunday school or when searching for help through God. I know I will need these verses with me in my daily life, especially through my deployment.

 Sometimes we forget that the answers to our prayers are right in front of our noses. I like to think of God as our teacher. Do you remember as a kid, asking questions in school? The answer was always, "read the text or open your book." I hated when teachers told me that. Sometimes its easier when the answer is told, but when you research the answer, you truly learn better. That's why teachers don't just tell you the answer.The bible is our reference and even when we feel lazy, the answers are there, waiting for us to learn.

These verses could be the basic foundation of building a steady humble life for the Lord. It is better for us to know and understand these short key verses than to fall asleep trying to read something we don't understand because it is too long. That's why I'm glad I've teamed up with the GA's, I like the simple, short, sweet, truth of these verses. I don't feel so overwhelmed because they aren't long or intimidating. I've focused these verses directly on the GA's, so that they will be able to benefit from them. They are short and uplifting because I remember being their age. Sometimes I just needed support from friends in knowing that God was there. Either way, lets continue this fascinating journey with God, and keep up the steady pace. How many verses will we eventually be able to memorize? I'm not counting!

June 17- 23
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not parish, but have everlasting life

June 24-30
Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever

July 1-7
John 14:16 I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

July 8-14
Romans 10:13 For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

July 15-21
Joshua 1:9 Don't be afraid nor be dismayed for your god is with you wherever you go.

July 22-28
1 Thessalonians 5:17 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ.


July 29-Aug 4
Psalm 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”

Aug 5-11
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because
anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists
and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.


Aug 12-18
Psalm 62:5
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.


August 19-25
Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit,
but in humility consider others better than yourselves.


August 26-Sep 1 <--- :) (my birthday)
Psalm 62:11
One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment