Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bridges of Madison County

My guilty pleasure: Clint Eastwood. I have intense romantic feelings for him. I know! He's like 80 something years old but, aside from that, I will watch every single one of his movies regardless of what it is about. And even if he is 83, he is still a complete and total bad ass. If I could have him at any point in his life, I'd choose his character from The Good, the Band and the Ugly. There's something about the strong silent cowboy type that will always attract me. I mean, really? Look at him below and tell me you don't want to run your fingers through his facial hair or sling that cowboy hat right off his head? I'm telling you, if my aunt would phrase it, she would say, "That man could eat crackers in my bed any day!" She's right. I'd sure let him.

One of my favorite Clint Eastwood films is Bridges of Madison Country. Meryl Streep is casted alongside him in the role of Francesca,  as a unhappy married housewife. The book is wonderful as well, but the movie evokes emotions the book never did. We have Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep to thank for that, my friends. This is a picture of the Rosman bridge below. The location where the two meet.


If you've never seen the movie, I've posted a synopsis below. **SPOILER ALERT**

"Robert Kincaid is a romantic drifter on his way to photograph a historic covered bridge for "National Geographic" magazine. When he stops at a farmhouse to ask directions, he meets Francesca Johnson, whose passionate nature has long been denied. Their innocent friendship evolves into a tender, torrid and unforgettable four-day affair which they carry in their hearts for the next 24 years."
                                                          
(http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/the-bridges-of-madison-county/#)

Four days. Can you imagine falling in love with someone in four days? If I had Clint Eastwood, I think I'd seal the deal in one day, haha. But seriously to spend the rest of your life madly in love with a drifter who gave your life four days to change everything. I love this movie because its real. Francesca is an honest woman. She sacrificed much of her own passions, dreams and desires in favor of her family's. I don't know if I could have done that for my family if my other option was Clint Eastwood. I think I may have thrown up the deuces sign and never again returned home to lead a passionate life with Clint Eastwood.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment